Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WD7 - how to convert Text to Shapes?

What am I missing? The WD7 help file says to use the "Arrange -> Convert to editable shapes" ("Ctrl + Shift + S") to convert predefined objects like bitmaps and rectangles, ellipses, quickshapes, and text into shapes."

But my Arrange menu has no 'Convert to...' setting -- see attached JPG.

Could someone else please check their WD7 program... and see if your Arrange menu has this setting?

Or did Xara take this Designer option away from WD7? Shouldn't, since web designers often need to convert non-standard fonts to shapes...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wd7-arrange.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	80939  

Default Re: WD7 - how to convert Text to Shapes?

Getting old -- totally forgot that you can Group text in WD7 (Ctrl G), and then when you export the page, WD7 makes it into a bitmap.

But this is still different than being able to select several objects and then convert them into a bitmap ... a bitmap which could then be altered using the Photo Editor, for instance, to de-saturate the bitmap and make it black-and-white. Guess I'll still need Xara 5 for that... 'Arrange > Create Bitmap Copy.'

Default Re: WD7 - how to convert Text to Shapes?

Quote Originally Posted by jon404 View Post
    Or did Xara take this Designer option away from WD7?
    Yes, this was removed deliberately.
    However, there is a workaround. If you have one object selected, use "Arrange / Combine shapes / Add shapes" or simply Ctrl+1 to get the same result.
    John.