Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

"For the next version of Xara, your face should be on the startup screen instead of the old guy!" heheh ... well put Ross! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I agree .... excellent portrait [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

No, no "crows feet" yet on this crow! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] The lines and wrinkles are interesting in some portraits---shows a lot of character...and tanning...but I'm hoping to put off acquiring them for a while at least---you guys are so lucky it looks good on you!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I really like your photos too, Roger!!!

No, David, Xara doesn't need my mug on their screen!!! That's amusing! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks though! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

so warm and elegant to look at. The hair is amazing, soft and so realistic, just beautifully done.

I appreciate your kind comments too!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

... Maya! Stunning portrait. You have really got the painted look down pat, my first thought was that it was a real painting.

It has a beautiful mystical quality too, keep expecting to see flower faeries or sprites. I can also envisage maybe the addition of a celtic knotwork diadem (you know those ones that go around the forehead) or something like that.

Really superb work!

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

I really appreciate your comments! It was fun to do, but took longer than previous ones with all the extra shading and colors. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks so much for viewing and replying!!!
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    -Mark Twain

That is one beautifully done portrait. I agree this should be on next version of Xara. Must have taken hours and hours to do this.
    Thanks for posting, Maya.
    Niloufer

Yes, it did take hours and hours--and I worked several days on it before I decided that was enough! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] It was something I just wanted to see how far I could go with it, just for my own curiosity.
    Thanks for your kind words about it, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    -Mark Twain

Thats brilliant Maya,just brilliant [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

My first thoughts were of the strong dignified portraits of the American Indians of old.Just the way they held themselves.

Here is what I see a strong layer of beauty,followed by a layer of dignity and poise,then strength and intellect,all covered with a layer or sheen that suggests something ethereal and mysterious.

You captured your subject extremely well,self portraits are not the easiset thing to do and still portray to the veiwer the sitters personality,in fact it is a gift some artists never actually acheive.When I used to sketch portraits I found you either got it or you didnt,and that "it " was just there or it wasnt,and you my dear have nailed "it " in your painting something brilliantly.You have also managed to combine a brilliantly executed piece of art with such a strong artistic personality....I take my hat off to you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I find every now and then you come across an image or portrait which practically breathes as you look at it,and your painting is one of them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

And I would still have the same opinion even if we were not buds [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

you left me speechless (a difficult task, as you know! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ), but I am so honored by your thoughts and comments, and thank you from my heart and soul...
    You made my day, bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    -Mark Twain