Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: $39.95 not from XD6 Pro?

Bill, you may be right but I seem to remember a discount for XX4 & 5 if you had any of the other Xara programs. And a discount for Designer Pro if you had XX4 or 5.

And I take exception to some thinking that Designer Pro 6 and Web Designer are not connected - Designer Pro 6 had ALL the other Xara programs in it - - X3D, graphics and web designing. That was the reason for purchasing - all in one. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Quote Originally Posted by jeb View Post
    ...And I take exception to some thinking that Designer Pro 6 and Web Designer are not connected - Designer Pro 6 had ALL the other Xara programs in it - - X3D, graphics and web designing. That was the reason for purchasing - all in one. - jb
    I guess that is meant towards me. They are separate programs whether you would like to think of them thatta way or not. Yes, XDP6 has the web stuff and a subset of the 3D stuff. It is the flagship, do all be all (for the most part) of Xara's offerings.

And, whenever the new version comes out, I suspect, much to my "displeasure," it will include all the web stuff and little enhancements to the vector side of things. I hope I am wrong. Heck, I would prefer to rip the web-guts out of XDP7 and build the vector side up into a fuller program. That's my wish, as long as we are wishing.

Take care, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by jeb View Post
    I take exception to some thinking that Designer Pro 6 and Web Designer are not connected - Designer Pro 6 had ALL the other Xara programs in it - - X3D, graphics and web designing. That was the reason for purchasing - all in one. - jb
    There's a differrence between overlapping feature sets and one program being a version of the other.

I guess Xara/Magix did the right thing because rather than follow your reason for buying an "all in one" program you've purchased the web designer version without any discount rather than wait a little longer to get those same features, perhaps plus some more in the program you will be offered a discount in.

It's not very common to have a downgrade discounts. Going from DP6 to WD7/P is a downgrade.
    John.

I've been away from site building for a while and only today decided to make a site for a new venture so opened XWD6 and WHAM an upgrade ..Fantastic ! I was quite prepared to pay 50% for the upgrade but to pay again for what I paid for a year ago seems a bit much. I don't feel ripped off just a little disappointed. I am sure many other part time Xara users will feel a little let down too,after all,especially these days is it not best to keep your existing customers with you and not let them be tempted to look elsewhere ?

Anyhoo thats my tuppence worth, now back to blowing the dust off my wd6.
    If I had any more brains I'd be a half wit !

Web Designer 6 to Web Designer 7 is actually a downgrade.
    Your only upgrade path is Web Designer 6 to Web Designer 7 Premium. It has significantly improved tools and more features than WD6.
    The upgrade discount is $30.00