Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default $39.95 not from XD6 Pro?

Finally got an answer back from Xara ref why I could not purchase at the $39.95 price.

Seems if you have XD6 Pro - the latest AND most expensive of their programs, you don't get the deeper discounts.

Does that make sense to anyone? I feel like I have been ripped off. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: $39.95 not from XD6 Pro?

Sorry you feel ripped-off, Jeb.

I only have XD6 Pro. If I were to purchase XWD7 I would wholly expect to pay full-price. It's a separate application. And a relatively inexpensive one at that. If I got any level of discount on XWD7 Pro, I would feel blessed. A matter of perspective I guess.

Take care, Mike

Yes, it is.

I have X3D6, Webstyle 4, Xtreme 4 & 5 and Designer 6 Pro. I purchased the Pro because it was suppose to have all the others in one application.

By the way, they said they will be coming out with an upgrade to WD6 Pro as well - which I would get a discount on - so why can I not use WD7 until that happens?

It is a matter of prespective - and I still feel ripped off. - jb
    Last edited by jeb; 11 April 2011 at 02:27 PM.
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

XDP 6 *did* have all the web capabilities at the time of its release. With WebStyle 4 you get a roughly 30% discount on Premium. Not bad, not as much as you would like. It would cost me the whole enchilada to purchase Web Designer Premium, not having a previous purchase of the specific web applications.

Best regards. Mike

If I buy Adobe Flash they won't give me a discount off Adobe Photoshop.

Jeb, you have no reason to feel aggrieved.

It's a bizarre world where people agree to buy something, use it, then feel ripped off because a discount isn't offered for another product. You pay for what you're given, not something you expect but isn't part of the deal.

It would be nice if Xara offered a discount, but you'd soon be even more agrieved to be paying out again for an upgrade to your existing product.

Just be patient until XDPro 7 comes out, which by all accounts isn't too far off.

Quote Originally Posted by jeb View Post
    ...By the way, they said they will be coming out with an upgrade to WD6 Pro as well - which I would get a discount on - so why can I not use WD7 until that happens?...
    WD6 Pro doesn't exist. DP6 Pro is going to be upgraded, yes. I've seen a lot of confusion recently - not just you jb - which I think stems from the use of the word "Designer" ... Xara Web Designer & Xara Designer Pro.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

See how confusing it can be?? Above I should have said DP6 not DP6 Pro
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Yes, it is confusing. But not so in the past - if one had one of the programs like X3D6 and wanted to upgrade to XX6, there was a discount. Like programs? Maybe.

Designer Pro 6 was suppose to be the program that had it all - graphics, web, 3D, everything - at lease they charged for it to have them - so it is a "like" program.

I have already purchased WD7 because I want the new goodies now but I will never be happy about having to pay more that if I had WD6. And when Designer Pro 7 comes out I will not be upgrading to it, even thought it would be nice to have everything in one place. It will take a while before they get any more of my money.

BTW, I even offered to pay for the Designer Pro 7 upgrade now and be allowed to use WD7 until it came out. Have heard nothing from them on that. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Jeb I do not recall any discount for Xara 3D 6 owners to purchase Xara Designer Pro 6 or any other application. When Xara Xtreme Pro 4 and Xtreme Pro 5 were released I believe there was a free copy of Xara 3D 6 included.

I think there was a discount for Xara Webstyle 4 owners to upgrade to Web Designer 5.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I agree with Jeb. If you have any older Xara program, you should get a discount on any newer program. The amount of the discounts can vary, depending on the version and type of programs you are moving from and to.

Marketing is about satisfying customers. Software loyalties can change in an instant, since most graphics programs now export PDFs that can be opened and edited in other programs.

And Xara program names are now confusing. Just call the next main program 'Xara Pro 7'. Call the web program 'Xara Web Designer 7'. Xara Pro 7 should only sell as the 'pro' version. Xara Web Designer 7 should only sell as the 'premium' version. No lite or stripped-down versions should be offered for sale; the prices are low enough already given the amazing set of features and rapid development benefits these programs offer. If you want cheap, use PowerPoint.