Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello all,

I've been having this problem lately. Re-install after re-install, same prob. Only started last week. I established my ICM after each install as well. It works fine for the first couple of launches, then goes sour on me. See attatched please.

Any help would be good, TIA.

Wayne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ps_pallette_probs.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	1316  
    IP

Hello all,

I've been having this problem lately. Re-install after re-install, same prob. Only started last week. I established my ICM after each install as well. It works fine for the first couple of launches, then goes sour on me. See attatched please.

Any help would be good, TIA.

Wayne
    IP

Wayne,

that's the weirdest thing I ever saw in Photoshop.

What happens, if you enter 255,255,255 into the RGB-values. Does it go white then, or is this already yellow ??

If so, I bet the problem is one of the color management.
    If you open a picture in PS, does the former white turn to yellow too ??

Wolfgang

P.S.: upon a second look to your screenshot, the HSB set to 0,0,255 would indicate, that RGB is 255,255,255 already ...
    Then again, what happens when you open a picture ??
    IP

... same thing. As I've mentioned, everything's fine for the first couple of launches, then it does this.

RGB is all 255

Regards, Wayne
    IP

Post your system specs. Always the possibility that this could be a hardware related problem. Perhaps it's something to do with your videocard or it's drivers?

I'm puzzled why it works for the first couple launches and then all of a sudden it decides to go screwy.

Spectre

http://www3.sympatico.ca/the_spectre

IP

I've heard of/seen this before W, but not THAT colour yellow. Just an "off-white" effect.

And that specific person's problem was with Photoshop itself. And Adobe came out with a fix for that. Wouldn't help your situation though... which appears to be something else.

There may be a few things you could try, to sus out the problem here. One of which would be to reName your Prefs file and let PS recreate a new one. Another would be to either get the newest vCard drivers for your card, or try going back to a previous version of the drivers.

And another option to think about is to NOT setup your monitor's specific ICM profile. That file may be corrupt itself.

That's about all i'll mention for now.
    Let us know some spec though please.
    IP

Ok guys, looks like I may have solved it... with your help of course.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> And another option to think about is to NOT setup your monitor's specific ICM profile. That file may be corrupt itself. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Mark, I've been to the system folder before and saw my 2 profiles there, but both "active" (not greyed out) amongst the others that are kept there (they are greyed out or "not" installed when not needed, as we know). One was the original and the other the copy that adobe appends to. I tried to de-activate (uninstall) by right clicking on my original. I recieved an error message that it may be corrupt and couldn't be muted. So I deleted it. If I need it again, I'll dig throw it back in from my driver disk. So.... after deleting it, all PS palletes returned to normal. In the past, deleting the (original) file didn't seem to be a necessity (?). It was usually rendered dormant and replaced by the new profile generated by PS. Hmmm ... no big deal I suppose. Back to the canvas. And thanks to all for pitching in. Much appreciated!

Wayne

FTR:
    p3 450
    16 mg Asus TNT riva
    19" LG Studioworks
    512 ram

oh yeah ..

SBLive (believe me, the sound helps the graphics : -)

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flowers.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	1703  
    IP

The composition I attatched to the last post started from this KPT fraxflame seed. I felt compelled to explain that, as much as I enjoy the help from all of these forums ... I just didn't want you to think I was leaving you guys flowers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    I really like that filter. Some of the iterations boggle my mind.

W
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IP

...and glad your colour situation is back to normal.
    IP