Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer 7: How to have objects that auto size to full width of browser

Looking at this very page where I am typing this post, the "Welcome to the TalkGraphics.com." header nicely auto-sizes to the full width of the browser automatically. Can I do that for objects such as headers and footers in my WD7 site?

Looking at it in a different way, what I want is my web pages to fill the entire width of the user's browser, rather than sitting in the middle with a (background) border on the left and right.

TIA

Default Re: Web Designer 7: How to have objects that auto size to full width of browser

I might be wrong but I do not think it is possible.

Default Re: Web Designer 7: How to have objects that auto size to full width of browser

One can't be wrong by being right
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Gary is right. Xara software builds fixed size designs that are centered with margins either side. Probably 95% of websites are fixed size with margins.

Talkgraphics is not a site where design aesthetics are the primary concern - just text messages.

Ok, but i am working a solution where header an footer at least the background is 100% page width. in the header it is possible with a horizontaly repeating background image at the pasteboard. For the footer i try it with an very wide object that does not clip (at least 3000px) Only problem right now is that the browser shows horizonzal scoll bar but i am sure that this is fixable with a css workaround. ok, hole thing is a huge workaround, but i am to lazy to do everything in htmlcss

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Gary is right. Xara software builds fixed size designs that are centered with margins either side. Probably 95% of websites are fixed size with margins.

Talkgraphics is not a site where design aesthetics are the primary concern - just text messages.