Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Widgets - Do they cost?

Hi I'm looking at the trial of v7 XWD Premium and have an upgrade route from v5 which I use a lot. I never made the jump to v6 but was wondering if the widgets in v7 are free to use, or are the likes of the audio player still an additional payment before you can utilise them? Never liked that type of marketing as the programme should include everything you need without having to pay extra imho.

Jinker

Default Re: Widgets - Do they cost?

According to the Help file, "Some widgets may require you to open an account with the widget provider, before you can use them. Most are free, but some offer premium services over and above the free offering. See each individual widget and the information on the widget provider's site for details."

Specifically, you were asking about the Magix audio player widget. I have not implemented this but I did drag the widget onto a test page, and got a dialog saying I need to first log on with a Magix Online World Account, which I believe is a free to sign up for their basic service. The login, just like the Twitter widget, would be needed to link your account and media files in it, to display on your web page.

I have XWDP7, and yes, most are free like the slideshow effects, zooms, Google contact forms, Twitter, and much more. And like the Help description above, some offer paid premium services beyond their free offering. Pretty straightforward; nothing cunning about it.

IMHO, the widgets are a nice addition to the program and work immediately when implemented. For now, I've been using the slideshow and Twitter widgets, which work great. I didn't feel any deceptive marketing going on here, unlike products from other companies that offer nothing but links to pay for the service in order to actually begin use it.

Good luck in your upgrade decision.
    Last edited by zeedale; 08 April 2011 at 08:03 PM.
    "Leave it a lil better than b4."

Zee Dale

After looking at the updated version for a couple of days I've decided against upgrading to v7.
    You do pay a small amount monthly for some of the widgets but that's not the main reason. For my purpose XWD5 more or less does the trick and I'm not that blown away by v7 anyway to pay another £60.00.
    Maybe in the future, and thanks for replying.

jinker

I think you can upgrade from XWD5 [I did from XWD6] which works out at £30
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64