Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PAGE LINK SHOWING EMPTY

Hey guyz...!
    I have got a big problem which i am not able to solve till now..!
    I have linked a page of my website to another page of the same website through a piece of text.When I click on that text the linked page appears empty.Please help me solve the Problem

I am using Xara web desginer 6.

Default Re: PAGE LINK SHOWING EMPTY

When you preview the blank page using Export and Preview Web Page, do you see anything?

It sounds to me as if you might have put your content on another layer other than the MouseOff which would explain the blank page.

Make sure that everything you want to be visible when the page loads is on the MouseOff layer.

Thanks a lot.
    I will try this and tell you.
    And ya, I previewed it even then the linked page is appearing empty.

Hey
    i am not able to find a solution to the problem
    please help
    here is the link to the project file

http://www.qfpost.com/download.do?ge...73d8f68388cf96

please give a detailed solution as i am a new user
    the links are on page no 2.When i click on them the linked page is shown empty

thanx in advance

Please help...!
    if it wouldn't have been urgent, I wouldn't have posted it again
    and really sorry to the moderators for that, I will avoid dat in futur

which program did you use to create the site?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

xara web designer 6

might be an idea to post up your .WEB file here then - so that someone can take a look at it for you...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Steve - The member has provided a link to a download page in post #7.

pulkit-techie - Several things here. You are using many fonts including Impact Bold, M, Consolas and Consolas Bold. These are not web-safe fonts and will not display properly unless your visitor to your site has these fonts installed on her or his computer. The web-safe fonts are at the top of the Fonts list, Georgia, Verdana, Times Roman, etc. If you use a non-websafe font, then you should convert the font to shapes (Arrange > Convert to Editable Shapes). If you convert the fonts, you cannot edit the text. The other method is simply group the fonts (Arrange > Group). You can edit the text but the text will publish as a bitmap and not editable text.

The menu bar on the home page (and all other pages) is too wide for your page. I suggest that in the Navigation Bar Properties window (double click on the menu bar) that you un-check [ ] All Buttons the Same Size. Then center the menu on the page. It actually looks better this way.

Did you add the MouseDown Layer? I think this is causing problems with the Navigation Bar. I suggest you delete the MouseDown layer. In the Page and Layers Gallery, select the MouseDown layer and press the Delete button. You will get a warning dialog that says there is content on that layer.

On all of your pages you have duplicate MouseOff, MouseDown layers (see attachment). This may be the source of your text linking problems.

As I suggested, delete all of the MouseDown layers. In the case where you have a duplicate layer such as the MouseOff layers that I highlighted in orange, press the S icon on the duplicate layer and see if there is any content on that layer. If there is, select all the content and cut it to the clipboard (Edit > Cut or press Ctrl x). Select the MouseOff layer at the bottom of the list and Edit > Paste in Place. Delete the duplicate layer.

ok Gary thanks - youre the expert here rather than me.... [I misread the post - #4 I think, sorry]
    Nothing lasts forever...