Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Using Multiple Photo Galleries On Same Page ?

Hello fellow Xara lovers,

I am constructing yet another site, with the sole purpose of selling Premium Quality Leather accessories for iPhone 4 and iPad 2.

I have a page of cases all different colours, and i have constructed a small Photo Gallery so that people can see 6 different images of the product. The soft group of images works fine and all expand when clicked etc. And now the problem:

I make a copy of the group, as i want to use the same gallery for all items, but when i change the image it changes the image in the other group as well. I understand that i have copied the group which is why this happens, but can anyone tell me how to stop it from happening, so i can just change the images as and when i want to?

As always any help will be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Nick
    Nick Stephens

www.nikom.co.uk

Default Re: Using Multiple Photo Galleries On Same Page ?

Press CTRL when you drag a new picture onto the image you want to replace. A dialog should pop up and give you the option of replacing ALL similar pictures or just this one.
    "Leave it a lil better than b4."

Thank you Zee

I have been using xara for years, but never had to use multiple versions of galleries before.

Works a treat, don't suppose i can set the whole group to change the pics all the time can i?

Also when the images enlarge (when online) there are little arrows for next and previous picture etc, all very good except it seems to scroll through all the images on the page rather than just the group i want it to? Any suggestions on that front please?

Many, Many TA's
    Last edited by The Nikster; 08 April 2011 at 05:02 PM.
    Nick Stephens

www.nikom.co.uk

As far as I know, these are limitations of the program. Seems that the only way around it is to directly edit the xhtml or javascript code, which is beyond my abilities at this time. I also have the same problem of having multiple galleries on one page but would like the photo pop-ups to be limited to one gallery at a time.

Hopefully, someone else could provide a better solution if there is one.
    "Leave it a lil better than b4."

Nick..

I use multiple photo galleries on the same page often... I find you must put the first gallery on the page and post your pictures to the gallery and then drag the next gallery onto the page and them replace the pictures by draging them one at a time to the second gallery... this can be repeated as may times as you want... DO not put more than one gallery at a time on the page... ie drag two galleries onto the page and them begin to replace the pictures with yours, this will result in both galleries posting the same pictures to the same locations....

Walt

Hi Walt,

Thanks for that.

I think the problem is that i have created the gallery group myself, and so its not in the "Design Menu" and therefore i cant drag a new one each time onto the page. Unless of course there is a way of saving the gallery i have created to the Design Menu?

The solution Zeedale gave has worked for me, although it is a bit of a faff when there are 6 separate images on each gallery and at least 40 galleries.

If anyone else knows of a solution to this conundrum, it would be most gratefully received.

Cheers

Nick
    Nick Stephens

www.nikom.co.uk