Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bug XWD7 Pro - drawing circles with bitmap fills. Error 949.k.ba.nd.

Hi

Experimenting with XWD today. Imported a bitmap I wanted to make a tile from. Copied it three times, rotating it, to create a tileable tile. Grouped. Exported as jpeg accepting the defaults. Imported the bitmap. Accidentally dragged to page background. Then Ctrl dragged to the workspace background. Started drawing circles which retained the bitmap fill and returned the error - Internal program error 949.k.ba.nd. Switched to flat fill. Every other circle returning the error, but not all.

A
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Bug XWD7 Pro - drawing circles with bitmap fills. Error 949.k.ba.nd.

Can you reproduce this if you close down and start from scratch?

I have found too many times that when I encounter something like you are describing that I cannot reproduce the problem when I close down and restart.

Default Re: Bug XWD7 Pro - drawing circles with bitmap fills. Error 949.k.ba.nd.

Hi Gary

Thanks for responding but it isn't a problem. Wasn't intending to test - just thought Xara might like to know what errors crop up in the course of work. If I get time later I will take a look and see if I can make it do it again.

A

Unless a problem can be reproduced it is very very very difficult if not impossible to track down. A single error message is more likely to be attributed to many issues on the local computer and may include operator error rather than an issue with a program's code.

Once a problem can be reproduced and the steps leading up to the error are documented than the source of the problem can be isolated and corrected.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

The problem is perhaps using a non-web page template - the 'Blank Photo' template. This is not intended for websites. There is no actual 'page' for the photo template.

"Photo Documents ... Sometimes it's useful to work on one photo alone, rather than as "objects on a page". This is called a photo document or "photo mode" in Web Designer Premium, and it behaves more like a traditional photo editor. "
    From HELP
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hello,

1. Dragging bitmaps on to the pasteboard or to the page background is a permitted action in Xara. I think the pasteboard is more fragile than the page, because I encounter more crashes if I do anything to the pasteboard.

2. I wasn't working on the default photo. It was a 760 web page.

3. I bought this computer because Xara previously suggested my existing computer might be causing crashes. On a brand new system I still have the problems.

4. I don't get many crashes when working with images, with the exception of dragging bitmap fills and setting nav bar buttons. Normally Xara is very stable, and it recovers itself from most problems in a way that other programs don't.

5. I have beta tested professionally and agree - unless something can be reproduced it is very hard to fix. Nothing much I can do about this, though. I am not paid to test Xara - just thought they might find it generally helpful to know what kinds of errors are occuring. I think they might know that already, in view of the many updates we've had for the program in the short time since launch.

Off to the seaside. It's a gorgeous day here.

A

I am having this problem as well. it comes up when I move anything on any of my pages.

Is there a reason or solution?

thank you