Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Using the presentation feature in WD7

I think the improvements with WD7 are great, particularly the presentation feature.

I am trying to develop one using the Literature Theme. In particular page 5

I have my text already available in another HTML editor, bit when I paste I don't get a formatted text just a long line of text.

Also when I try to paste into the step 2 layer the background disappears along with the white background.

Are there any tutorials or movies on this feature, I have had a look but can't see them.

Default Re: Using the presentation feature in WD7

Welcome to TalkGraphics

You have to define a text area before you paste your text.

Select the Text Tool and drag a rectangle to define your text area. Now paste into the text area.

If you need to resize the text area, do it with the Text Tool by dragging any of the corner squares.

Have a look at this Workbook http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook80/ It explains a lot about how the Text Tool works.

Default Re: Using the presentation feature in WD7

I tried that, but text copied from Word wouldn't paste. If I didn't put in the text box but just a line, it pasted OK, but the background disappeared.

Just another point. What you say works fine in WD6, and works fine in an ordianry document in WD7. However when trying to do it in the presentation mode in a layer then it doesn't seem to work.

I have tried creating a layer in the normal webpage mode and everything works fine. I have also created a layer in presentation mode in WD7 and it works.

I am just having the problem with this template.

I shall try another template to see if it repeats there.

Just a further update. I tried using another basic template and i go things to work fairly well, but not in the Literary Theme.

I shall coninue to dig.
    Last edited by WillieN; 07 April 2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: added more info and spelling