Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Tables from Word in Xara WD ?!?

Another question: how to paste tables made in MS Word to WD, but to keep the same design - formatting ? I already tried, copy/paste whole table - but unsuccessful.

Please, does anybody know ?

Thanks !

Default Re: Tables from Word in Xara WD ?!?

When pasting, select "Enhanced Metafile" option.
    John.

Thanks, I know, but in that case I have many objects on the page and in the final, when Xara exports pages to html, all those objects are png files ... :-( That means, if I have a few tables A4 in Xara WP, after export to HTML, there will be 700-800 small png files. Do you agree, that this is not acceptable ? I just want to have normal (vector-based) tables, like in other web sites, where those tables still tables and words, data ... quick to load etc. Is it possible to achieve in Xara WD ? Or not .. :-(

You can group them and get a single large PNG or even JPEG if you wish.
    No vector graphics is supported by all browsers we claim compatibility. So no SVG export here.
    If you mean HTML tables, we don't have support for them. But what's more important, even if we had, it would be nearly impossible to first import Word table, and then export it to HTML preserving it's look (thus being wysiwyg).
    Though there is a solution. Word can export to HTML. Export your table from Word as HTML. Then embed the exported page to WD document using iframe.
    John.

Or, if you don't want to use iFrames:
    Export as html from Word/Writer or Excel/Calc.
    Open the html file and copy the part from <table> to </table> (include both)
    Draw a rectangle in Xara and paste that text into the Placeholder box.
    You may want to copy some css styling too, or write some <style>s inline your block.
    But, partiuclarly if that table is being updated regularly, I would go for the iFrame version.

Thanks thanks thanks !!!