Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Upload Problem with Xara Web Designer 7 Premium

When WD uploads the files it has created, the upload process is stopped by the host when the folder named ".wd" is reached. The host reports that is an invalid file name.

I sent screen caps of the problem to Xara Support, and they asked whether the host is Unix or Windows. I gave them the name of the hosting site, but have heard no more. But apparently it is a small bug.

The website, scrantontexas.org, seems to run ok, despite the problem.

Bob

Xara Designer Pro X10; PaintShop Pro X7; Perfect Photo Suite 8; DxO Optics Pro 9.5; Olympus OM-5 E-M5; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7770.

Default Re: Upload Problem with Xara Web Designer 7 Premium

In the publishing settings, disable the "Include my website in the user gallery" checkbox before publishing.
    John.

Default Re: Upload Problem with Xara Web Designer 7 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    In the publishing settings, disable the "Include my website in the user gallery" checkbox before publishing.
    Thanks, John. I got that instruction from support via email this morning. Works fine after disabling that option.

Bob

Xara Designer Pro X10; PaintShop Pro X7; Perfect Photo Suite 8; DxO Optics Pro 9.5; Olympus OM-5 E-M5; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7770.