Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WD7 hits the sweet spot?

Well. Have to tell you, WD7 rocks. Really works well. Easy, easy, easy to use. Shocking to make a web page with popup layers - and a nav bar - without writing even one line of code! See http://jon404.com/art.htm ...plus, this time around it seems like I've got all the basic drawing tools needed. And the photo editor. And being able to 'group' non-standard fonts to automatically turn text into bitmaps. So I'm very happy. I keep thinking that WD is probably the greatest value ever. I mean, compare it to Dreamweaver! Unbelievable!

Default Re: WD7 hits the sweet spot?

You're a happy camper, then?

Default Re: WD7 hits the sweet spot?

Sure am. Messing around today trying to figure out how to stick some javascript onto a placeholder on presentation step ... so I can get an mp3 or wav sound file to play when the presentation step opens. [ any code ideas would be appreciated! ] But, again, the real news is that we can make excellent web pages without knowing any code at all. And -- from a commercial viewpoint -- when you consider that a static web page sells product 25 times better than mentions on blogs, etc -- being able to RAPIDLY design webpages is a real treat, whether you work for a corporation or are an independent web designer. Time is money ... particularly when the customer needs revisions. I've found that it is really easy to export a page as its own website, then check the exported file dates, and upload only the new, revised files to the website, and it works just fine. WD7 bundles everything into one supporting files folder and that makes it really easy to see what's going on. Happy camper? Oh yes. This is like having a brand-new shiny chrome Airstream pulled by a Bugatti Veyron. Fun!