Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Publishing problem

This is my first site to publish with Xara, after I exported my files to a localsites folder I enter the ftp info and published the site, it appears to be connecting and uploading, however no changes are made to my website. Any idea where my mistake may have been?
    Thanks

Default Re: Publishing problem

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Most web hosts have a special folder into which you place your files. This folder may be called something like public_html or htdocs, or other names.

If this is the case then your site will not show up unless you publish your site to this folder.

Check on your web host's support page on what their ftp requirements are and see if they require your files to be places in such a sub directory.

Thank you,
    It happened to be a permission problem with my web hosting company. They resolved it on their end and Xara worked as it is supposed to. Great software very pleased with the results. Check it out ElectricEtc.com.

Micah

Ah yes. Most web hosts have a server that authenticates users when they log on. These sometimes go bad and reject log on attempts for incorrect reasons.