Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default COPY/PASTE TEXT in WD7

In the new WD7 When I copy text from say, another document, and try to paste it into a text area the new options want to replace section, or format, or postion.....etc. very irritating..It wont just paste the text I copied unless I leave the template with the text area I created with the text tool and paste the text into it, then use the select tool to move the text area back onto the template. What is different in WD7 with the C/P?

Default Re: COPY/PASTE TEXT in WD7

Nothing should be different. Select the text area, if you want, select the entire text if you are going to replace it, and Edit > Paste > Line of Text or Unformatted Text.

I have not observed anything different. Though to be honest, I do not work with templates so maybe I am wrong.

I is doing the above all the time. I wanted to change part of a paragraph. move the bottom to to the top. It would not let me. I had to take the text box off and onto the background, then copy paste or all it would give me the option to do was replace section, format etc. If I clicked that option, nothing happened.
    Thanks,
    V

I just tried it and I had no problems. I am not saying you are wrong, I am just not having this issue.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Yes I am. In WD6 there is a simple paste option which allows you to insert a few extra words taken from elsewhere into an existing paragraph. In WD7,clicking on the position where you want to insert the text slects the whole text box and the option given on right-clicking is to replace the selected object i.e. the whole text box.

The only way I've come up with to get around this is to use CTRL V to insert the text.

Hi,
    I actually found some information in an early post about this very issue. AND YES it looks like CTRL V is the way around this. I have been using this and when you use ctrl>v it will bring up unformatted text option. otherwise...nope...irritating...but at least now I can go on with copy and paste...thanks V

I have been having the same problem with WD7 - been bugging me for days, and the only thing that works is CTRL V for me also - Thanks !!

Same problem here...in fact I've been switching back and forth between WD6 and WD7 so I could do this. Thanks for the tip...I use CTRL-V all the time in everything else I do but for some reason it never occurred to me to use it when working in WD7.