Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pages Appear Different Widths in Page Gallery - WD7

I just opened up a site that I created using WD6 and the pages appear as different widths when I see the thumbnails in the Page Gallery. I've checked all of them and they all have the same width noted for each page plus they appear correctly each browser. I'm just wondering if this is something that should concern me or not.

Thanks!
    Regards,
    Stephanie

Default Re: Pages Appear Different Widths in Page Gallery - WD7

Welcome to TalkGraphics Stephanie

Kind of hard to say. Can you post a link to your site?

One thing that does happen visually is if you go from one page to another and one page is less than full screen and the other page is deeper than full screen, is there is a slight jump. Is this what is happening?

Thanks for the welcome.

No, I don't see any jumping of the pages when I view them - either in WD7, WD6 or on the web. The site is located at http://www.companiondogsportsprogram.com if you want to look at it online.

Thank you!

All of these pages appear to be the same width. But these is that slight jump as I described.

The important thing is that the pages look OK in your browser. Thumbnail images are just there to help you identify content on your page.

The thumbnails are currently generated as a square bitmap of a certain size with the whole of the page scaled to fit in that square. This means if two pages are different lengths then they may need to be scaled different amounts to fit all the page in the thumbnail. This will make them appear to be different widths.

E.g. if one page is 1000 pixels wide and 1000 pixels high then it will fill the whole square thumbnail but another page that is also 1000 pixels wide but 2000 pixels long will have to be scaled to half the size to fit it in and so it will only occupy half the width of the thumbnail square.

Gerry