Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Post Button to show hidden layer on seperate page

Hi,

On my home page in the lower half, I have 3 text boxes with a brief description of a service. With each text box is a “more” button linking to the services page.

The services page consists of vertical navigation bars to the left and text boxes to the right. Each button is linked to a hidden layer on which each services text box lays.

I would like to have the “more” button on the focus on the corresponding navigation bar and popup the hidden layer.

Any clues would be most appreciated.
    This is my first website so I’m a bit green. http://www.smds.co.nz

PS I'm using Web Designer 7 premium

Default Re: Button to show hidden layer on seperate page

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I am not sure what is happening now vs what you want to happen.

Unless you would like to have the text pop up as the visitor mouses over the button.

If that is the case use the Website Properties > Mouse-over section (Mouse-over > Show Pop-up Layer) to link to the hidden layers. This will display the contents of the hidden layer when your visitor mouses over the button and and will immediately close the pop-up layer when the visitor mouses off the button.

And link each of your three buttons on the bottom of the home page to a new page. Each page will have its own pop-up layers.

I hope this is what you have in mind. If not, please give us more information on what it is that you want to do.

Thanks for the prompt reply Gary,

If that is the case use the Website Properties > Mouse-over section (Mouse-over > Show Pop-up Layer) to link to the hidden layers. This will display the contents of the hidden layer when your visitor mouses over the button and and will immediately close the pop-up layer when the visitor mouses off the button.
    That wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but I do like that approach so I might go with that.

And link each of your three buttons on the bottom of the home page to a new page. Each page will have its own pop-up layers.
    The problem I had with that method was that all services are on the same page as hidden layers, each service popup layer (text box) is activated via a navigation button on the left.

Thanks.

I LOVE the navigation. But I'd be concerned that your three More buttons all go to the same place, when I'm expecting each button to go to its own page, if that makes sense. I understand why they can't go to separate layers.

I don't know what you're asking either. Can you please rephrase the question of what you "would like" -- we Yankees can be pretty dense at times.