Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug Background Pic Issues

Hi All, I'm new to Web Designer and I am trying to get a split picture as the background into Web Designer 5 but am having lots of difficulties doing exactly what I want. I have attached a thumbnail of what I want.... I just can't get it right. First attempts resulted in the picture tiling. I downloaded the "tweaks" and put the placeholder in to prevent tiling. Now I loose the black background and the pic(s) is not positioned correctly. Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated! I have already split the picture but am lost from there. I am using Xara Xtreme 4 for the graphic work. Thanks so much!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SplitPicBackground.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	80496  

Default Re: Background Pic Issues

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Apologies for the slow response.

Maybe create your background image as one image with a space in between your your page.

Or maybe just include the image on the page and place your content in between as in your example.

Thanks Gary. I finally got it it all done. Like you said I added space between the 2 pics and then in the web properties, I changed the background color to black per my client's desires.

Hello Everyone,

I'm using WD7 Premium and I want to be able to place a tiled background image (or a non tiled one for other applications), but I can't seem to find where to do that.

I also can't seem to find where to choose the background color??

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by jdkracker View Post
    Thanks Gary. I finally got it it all done. Like you said I added space between the 2 pics and then in the web properties, I changed the background color to black per my client's desires.

Hi Marotti,

To set the page background to a colour drag the colour you want from the color line while holding down a control key. When your mouse cursor is over the page release the left mouse button and the control key. You can set the colour of the pasteboard (the area outside the page) the same way.

To tile an image on the page background import your image, this will place it in the Bitmap Gallery. Expand the Bitmap Gallery and select your image. You can Click the Background button (upper right of the gallery), or you can drag and drop the image onto the page or drag and drop it onto the pasteboard.

Once you have your image in the Bitmap Gallery you can delete the imported copy from your work area. It will remain in the Bitmap Gallery during the current session until you close the program. As long as the bitmap is used as a background or bitmap fill/transparency it will remain in the Bitmap Gallery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page-background.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	80772  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hey Bill, Thanks for the Reply !!

That's cool.

It works, but it seems to tile both vertically and horizontally, which works in 1/3 of the cases

How can I get it to tile just verically, or just horizontally?

And one more question: If using a picture for the background image, you may want it to scroll with the webpage, or stay stationary... How do you do that in WD7 ?

Thanks Again !!!!!

Member (and Developer for Xara) Covoxer has created a tweak set for Web Designer 6 and he has said it is 100% compatible with Web Designer 7. You can find the tweak set at:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...kset-for-XWD-6

The answers to your questions are in the Tweak Set.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Again Bill, I'll Give It a Try