Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 layer swapping from a nav bar

I have started my first xara website (using a template) and am looking to swap a number of layers on the same page from a bank of buttons.

my 1st xara effort is at www.foxleygardendesign.co.uk/testing/index.htm
    I am trying to copy my previous effort at www.foxleygardendesign.co.uk

Can anyone point me to the right document on this forum ?
    I am new to xara - given up with adobe and spry as its clearly not as good as wysiwg xara - i just need a pointer or two, as i'm sure xara can do this without coding .
    Thanks in advance ,

Foxley

Default Re: layer swapping from a nav bar

Welcome to TalkGraphics

In your previous effort it appears that you have a mouse over effect over each thumbnail image that links to a Pop-up Photo. Correct?

You can do this in Web Designer but the results might not be quite what you want.

Create two thumbnail images, the thumbnail on the mouseoff layer needs to be the same as the pop-up image. Copy the thumb and paste it onto the mouseover layer. Make any changes to the thumbnail such as removing the color (Saturation) with the Photo Tool.

Select both thumbnails and Arrange > Apply Soft Group.

With the soft group selected, go to Website Properties > Image and check Pop-up. Specify a width and press Apply.

Default Re: layer swapping from a nav bar

Thanks for replying . If you ignore the lightbox thumbnails and relating pop ups on the opening page. Xara can do this from the templates better and simpler than any other product:-)

my question is that - the menu down the left and across the top (on my old website) has an onclick command from the navbar which opens a layer for each entry in the navbar (ie paving , planting or fencing) . This is so that I can cram a lot of data on the opening page . I would like the same effect . possibly using the new eyecather widgets as the content from the new web designer.