Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Actually, this evolves from an earlier post about Flash and Swish. Do you think there is room in the market for the Flash wannabes? We now have Flash, Live Motion, Rave. Are they really necessary? Especially when a lot of the reviews say that Rave and Live Motion simply can't beat Flash for features/depth/complexity.

Which do you use and why? Do you think there is room out there for these and more?

-T
    IP

Actually, this evolves from an earlier post about Flash and Swish. Do you think there is room in the market for the Flash wannabes? We now have Flash, Live Motion, Rave. Are they really necessary? Especially when a lot of the reviews say that Rave and Live Motion simply can't beat Flash for features/depth/complexity.

Which do you use and why? Do you think there is room out there for these and more?

-T
    IP

Hi Thomas ...

Is there room for Flash wannabes? I'll go out on a limb and say, "I don't think so."

I think that any wannabes would have to be waaay better than Flash to even warrant a second look.

The main reason being market share. For the same reason that the VHS killed Beta tapes(guess I'm dating myself there!), RealAudio usurped the much better Liquid Audio, ICQ over AIM - if you get in early, have a decent product and then market the **** out of it, you'll remain the defacto standard.

Too bad Xara's product(too long ago ... me poor ol' brain can't remember the name!) couldn't get their plug-in as a standard include on both major browsers - it had such potential!

My .02 cents!

cfn ... Jen
    Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    cfn ... Jen

Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    IP