Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Email Flyers

Default Email Flyers

Is it possible to create and use eflyers in Xara WD and what's the process to follow?

Default Re: Email Flyers

Hello Paul,

The short answer is yes. I do not know of a "native" way of doing it within WDP--and I don't have it to test. But it can be done with a little bit of a hassle and as far as I know, requires the use of IE to make it work, as well as a Windows email client such as Outlook or Windows Live Mail (which is what is on this laptop).

Here's a page I did as a test for someone else recently:

http://www.wenzloffandsons.com/temp/email/

Using IE, one needs to choose to email the page. Once in the email, you can use blind carbon-copy for your email recipients. That said, some of the services can do this for not much and there use to be free services.

Take care, Mike

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Sending out unsolicited email flyers can get you into a lot of trouble, that's what anti spam laws are all about. You really should use a service for this. I use Mailchimp.com they have a Forever Free account that gives access to almost everything that their paid accounts have. You also have tools to automate your lists and forms. You can create your graphics with Xara and easily import them into your mail chimp e-mails. You can easily by taking note of colour numbers from Xara's colour editor match the colours in your Mailchimp emails to your Xara created website. MailChimp provides you with the code for your sign up form which you can easily embed in your site via a placeholder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

You can go the professional way and sign up with Aweber for just $1: http://www.aweber.com/
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Frances is just trying to goad you into doing your promised How to embed a website in an e-mail message tutorial.

I can't believe Frances could do such a thing. You're becoming cynical in your (very) old age...
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Angelize, I'm not at all sure (from my question) why you conclude I would be sending out 'unsolicited' emails! Thank you for the recommendation all the same.

The definition I believe to apply to eflyers is that they are html code placed in an email. As Xara doesn't allow access to the code(?) my question perhaps needs to be more direct and to ask if anyone knows of a way of accessing the html code.

Angelize, I'm not at all sure (from my question) why you conclude I would be sending out 'unsolicited' emails! Thank you for the recommendation all the same.

The definition I believe to apply to eflyers is that they are html code placed in an email. As Xara doesn't allow access to the code(?) my question perhaps needs to be more direct and to ask if anyone knows of a way of accessing the html code.

Quote Originally Posted by paul051058 View Post
    Aif anyone knows of a way of accessing the html code.
    Any text editor. Windows' Notepad will do.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by paul051058 View Post
    I think the advice is intended to protect you from potential problems from any accidental mailings or people who might decide your emails are SPAM even though they may have given permission at some time. If you are using your own ISP to send the emails it may be that your ISP may take a dim view or you could end up on some kind of blacklist.

I doubt that Angelize or anyone else is suggesting you would intentionally be spamming people.