Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Girls and Guys,

I'd like to invite you to test drive a chat room I've set up on one of our servers.

I am thinking about setting up a final chat server for us, but before I will make a final decision, I would like to gather some data.

For all the newbies: you are very welcome as well, because I made it simple and straightforward for you.

Just read the intro, and you'll know how it's gonna work.

The nice thing: real time conversations, even on a slooow modem connection.

BTW, since it's a testrun, I couldn't allocate too much CPU time and server space. This means if the traffic will explode, I will have to shut it down for a couple of days and set it up on another server.

Let's go - start here:
    XARTIST CHAT

See you there.

jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Nice applet Jens, and a good idea. I'd like to see the text area where the conversation will be, to be a little wider if that's possible. It seems a tad narrow. I just checked it out ... it could come in handy for many reasons really. Regular meetings on all subjects Xara, instances where someone has to talk to someone else in real time about a particular effect or such, the potential is there.

IVCA

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

IVCA,

thanks a lot for your input - I will modify it asap.

Regular meetings: do whatever you want to do, post the schedules here or send me a mail, and I will integrate a chat schedule on the start page.

In my opinion, the weekends will be ideal for a 24 hours chat 'round the globe' because of the different times zones:

06:00pm Europe - 12:00pm EST - 09:00am PST
    12:00am Europe - 06:00pm EST - 03:00pm PST
    06:00am Europe - 12:00am EST - 09:00pm PST

Anyway, check in at any time, and remember, if your name is the only one in the right column, you are the only one in chat at that time :-) (this info might be important for all newbies...)

BTW, if you are located behind a firewall, the chat module won't work. No way around it, unless you configure your browser to 'direct connections to the Internet' or 'use NO proxies'.

Come on in and join us. let's rock 'n roll!

jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--