Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

xdp6 Rollovers for multiple-line text links

I have a $$$ bet with a Dreamweaver friend of mine, about a common web task she is convinced Xara DP cannot handle in the normal way: rollovers for multiple-line text links. So here’s a challenge for the Xara experts on this board:
    1. Draw a text box.
    2. Fill it with text.
    3. Select more than one line of text and turn it into a text link.
    4. Export site.

Then look at the rollovers Xara made for you. When you mouse over the text link, does the whole link change color--or does the rollover work for only the single line of text your cursor is on?

After studying the HTML source, she says it’s because XDP puts each line of text in a separate container by excessive and unnecessary use of <div> tags, whatever that means. Sounds like gibberish to me, but on the other hand, I’ve tried a million ways to get this to work, and Xara has failed the test every time. For example, if the text link spans three lines, the rollover is “broken” into three distinct pieces.

In case my explanation is unclear, I’ve attached a PNG to illustrate the problem, showing what happens to my rollovers when I attempt a three-line text link.

I bragged to her that Xara can do anything, and that you guys can figure anything out.

So who wins this bet?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XDP Rollovers.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	80696