Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Iframe dynamically change height with page

In WD6 I would like an Iframe that will adjust in height to fit the content, and the page to stretch accordingly. I have used the dynamic page tweak, and this script, but I could not get it working.

Has anyone been able to do this? I attached one idea that I tried.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Iframe dynamically change height with page

Xara uses absolute positioning for everything on the page. Content can't be dynamically repositioned simply to accomodate an iframe which resizes itself via a third party script.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

BTW... I forgot to add the <head> name to the head placeholder in the example I attached, but it still doesn't work.

neodeist- Thanks for the comments... I'm aware of WD6 absolute positioning, but with the Dynamic Page tweak I thought this could be overcome in certain situation.

The script I was using expands the iframe content to avoid a scroll bar, and the dynamic page tweak says that the page will expand if the content is entered correctly in the placeholder.

Does anyone have a working example of the dynamic page tweak that I can take a look at?

Quote Originally Posted by rubiksolver View Post
    I have used the dynamic page tweak, and this script, but I could not get it working.
    It may only work if you are opening the page from the same domain in the iframe. If you are trying to open the page from different domain than your main page is, this will never work because the parent page script will have no access to that page height.
    John.

Thanks covoxer. I actually found others saying that same thing... I'm gonna keep trying different options and if I find something that works, I'll make sure to post it here.

There's no other options. It is not possible to create JS code that would do this. No need to waste your time trying all the implementations really. All of them only work in the same domain.
    John.