Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Break a connection between Navigational Bars

Hello,..I'm using WD9Premium to build a site and the site is broken up into 5 sections.....the way my boss wants it.

The first section comprises of about 5 different pages and I have a nav bar at the bottom that lets the user work their way through that section. It was easy to edit the nav bar because whatever I called each link transferred automatically onto the nav bar on the next page and so forth. It works great!

The problem comes in when I create the new section with new names that need to be on the nav bar. If I make changes,..it then changes all of the other nav bars preceding it when I don't want that. I'm afraid if I simply ungroup the nav on the new section it will also break the other one on the preceding section as well.....or worse yet,....it won't allow me to make the nav work correctly anymore period.

Does this make sense?

I want each parent nav bar to work independent from the other sections but yet still allow their own "children" to inherit any changes made to it.

td

Default Re: Break a connection between Navigational Bars

You can create as many new nav bars as you want and edit as needed. For example, say you have ten pages in all and you want two nav bars with five pages each.

Duplicate the nav bars and then delete the pages that you don't want to appear on that nav bar. Plus you can edit the button names.

Something else to consider is adding anchors to the different sections then a list of links at the top of the page that link to each anchor.

Or, you can add sub drop down menus that contain the relevant pages.

Thanks....I was copying and pasting the nav bar......I guess I needed to "duplicate" rather than copy.
    Last edited by TDolce; 05 August 2013 at 02:35 PM.

The only thing I had to do was to select the edited duplicate menu and Repeat on All Pages.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's another possibility. I made the two navigation bars, created two new layers: Products, and MouoseOver-1.

I removed the soft group from the second nav bar and cut and pasted the MouseOff version of the buttons onto the new Products layer, and cut and pasted the MouseOver buttons to the new MouseOver-1 layer.

The new buttons were soft grouped and repeated on all pages.

Finally, the link for Products was changed to link to the pop-up layer, Products.

This is actually a cool solution to sub menus if you want to keep the sub menu buttons the same as the main menu buttons.
    Attached Files Attached Files