Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: XARA and CMS V Serif

Just having a look around at the free cms systems that can be integrated into an existing site. Its picking the correct one.??

For me Simple CMS works for making editable areas and is only requires a line of javascript in a placeholder to implement. Setting it up is simple as long as you've got mySQL and the vendors will install for free if you're not into scripts. I'm not a fan of being tied to Serif's servers so I don't use Webplus very often.
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

Thanks a lot. will have a look at that sounds good.

Got the simple cms and very easy to install thanks again. What do you normaly se for web design other than serif or xara.

I have a customer who wanted to be able to update a page containing details of events etc, I simply set up a blogger blog (using iframe) for her and she just adds news etc on there, I also have another customer and he uses the blog like you wouldn''t believe, he has posts, news of events, youtube videos, photos.

Not ideal for all circumstances but could work in this case.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

I use XARA WD Pro 8 for my websites. I also have Serif Web Plus X6 (latest version till now).

For CMS, I use Simple CMS Php (http://simplecmsphp.com/), the latter has other scripts which I use and works fine with XARA with a great support and updates/upgrades are free.