Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default navigation bar -button color change for sub menu choice

Have working nav bar with submenus.
    When a button is chosen the color changes to mouseover color if the button itself is clicked. If one of the pages listed in submenu is chosen the top level button returns to the mouseoff color.

Is there a piece of code I could add that would cause the button color to change to mouseover if the submenu item is chosen?

I have an external menu builder that can do that but I wanted to stay with XDP options.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Default Re: navigation bar -button color change for sub menu choice

Hi Samantha

I am not sure if I am reading you correctly. You can determine the sub menu button setting in the Menu Style section of the Edit Navigation Bar dialog.

Is this what you want to do? Or am I more dense than usual today?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Menu-Style.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	80683  

I have not been clear, I am sorry.

I have defined the submenu options in that properties box. And the menu drops below a top button in the colors I have defined.
    The top bar has 6 buttons. 3 buttons have submenus that drop when you mouseover the buttons.
    Mouseover any of the 6 buttons and the color changes just fine from dark to light.
    When you click any of the top buttons a page loads like normal and the button linking to the page stays in the mouseover (light) state.
    Ex: Home button is dark unless you are visiting the home page. Then the button is light.

When you go to a page on one of the three submenus, all the top buttons stay dark.

I do not expect it, but wanted to know if there is some way to cause the button above the submenu to stay in mouseover mode (light) when one of the submenu pages loads.
    (As if someone had clicked the top level button)
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Ah, yes. I see what you are saying. I get around this by creating a small button that has the page name which I use as a mini banner. The button is not automatic and it is not a mouse over thing.

Here's an example http://www.esonevoice.com/ Visit any of the pages and you can see the banner button. Then visit any of the pages in the fly out links, and the same small button/banner is there.

John Horn created a small tweak a few years ago that does this automatically but I cannot find it. Maybe if John is in a good mood, he will post it again. His tweak automatically displays the page name.

Another thing you can do is create individual buttons that are not part of a navigation bar. Then on the actual pages, replace the button for that page with a highlighted version.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    but I cannot find it.
    That was probably your review of the WD6/DP6? I may be wrong thogh.
    John.