Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Can WD6 site be opened in WD7 Premium?

Just tried in (by clicking on the inde file) and it went berserk, with all the page elements all over the place. And only that page showing.

Presume that means that maybe I should have clicked on the .web file instead? If so, when I save and close it, will I still be able to open and change it with WD6 without problems? In other words, is it backwardlay compatible?

TIA.

Default Re: Can WD6 site be opened in WD7 Premium?

You can not open HTML files in any version of WD. The web file from WD6 can be easily opened in WD7. The web file saved in WD7 may not be correctly opened in WD6. Backward compatibility means that WD6 files can be opened in WD7. And it is fully supported. Forward compatibility (the ability to open WD7 files in WD6) is partial, which means you can open them but the functionality may be limited.
    John.

Ok. Thanks for the very fast reply.

I had one WD6 web file that kept crashing WD7. It had been acting strange in WD6, and I have had corrupted single pages that worked the same way -- export as a .xar file and then re-import it. It also worked fine for going from a (corrupted?) WD6 to a perfect WD7. All the REALLY strange stuff happens to me. :-(