Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default navigation bar- I broke it.

I had a working nav bar. Some pages on top level and a few pages in dropdown below.

Ungrouped to modify text and colors then used create nav bar to group them back again. Rollover color change works fine, all pages are where they belong in the nav bar properties but the drop down menus are not showing. What step did I miss putting the nav bar back together after editing?
    Not published, only previewing locally. Screen shot shows all top level with Excel being on the drop down. I previewed the site to my hard drive and the menu never shows Excel now...

Oh..one more thing. I tried putting a link on the top level and removing the link from the top level and still does not create a drop down menu...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menunotworking.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	80666  
    Last edited by samrc; 26 March 2011 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Note software: XDP6 on win7
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Default Re: navigation bar- I broke it.

Samantha if you have not disabled the backup feature you should be able to find a backup from before your navbar stopped working.

Use the File menu > Open recent > Backups (this will be at the bottom of the list of recent files).
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Long-standing habit from another web builder, I make a copy of the design file prior to making any major changes. So I do have a copy of the file with a working nav bar.
    I appreciate that option and it is a last resort for me. I want to learn how to get this working, learn what I should be doing so I don't mess it up again on this or another project. Besides, if the older file is used, I still have to modify the colors of the menu, and might end up in the same place again when I ungroup/regroup. Would prefer to avoid that. In addition, other changes have been made to the file and all those changes would have to be done to the older file too...

So looking for guidance... Why would the sub menu be listed but not show when the menu is activated?
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Sorry Samantha I was thinking you simply wanted to get back to a working copy of the file.

I have not been able to duplicate the problem, but that is not unusual for me

Two things that you may want to check are:
    1. Does the sub menu show up on any page of the web site? Possible if the sub menu was added but repeating object (navbar) was not updated on all pages.
    2. Is the Page 11 (excel) still part of the project and still named the same if it is present?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thank you. Sometimes it is faster to backup.
    In this case, I am using this site as a way to learn the program features as I build so it was important to me to learn how to fix.
    Page 11 is still in the project.
    Your first item made me think about another issue, which led to a fix!

The original menu was still on the other pages. Somehow the program had residual memory of the original bar's submenu.
    So I removed the old menu from other pages.
    I ungrouped the new bar again. And rebuilt upward again. I applied a soft group to each button individually again, lined them up then turned off the mouseover, selected the mouse off buttons and created the nav bar again.
    This time the dropdown submenu was not listed. I put them back in and now they appear fine, preview fine.
    Have set to repeat and all is working again.
    Thanks so much.
    -Samantha

Glad you were able to sort it out Samantha.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update