Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Advance Export Feature Request

The ability to export directly to Content Management Systems such as:

- Word Press
    - Blogger
    - Drupal
    - Joomla and other CMS systems would be really nice!

In addition to the export feature maybe xara could create
    their own CMS system to work in parallel with xara web designer.
    Last edited by champ; 13 March 2011 at 04:15 PM.

Default Re: Advance Export Feature Request

And this is from a basic vector drawing programme!
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Their is one company that has software that can export directly to word press: http://www.artisteer.com/?p=wordpress_themes I was hoping that one day xara web designer would have that ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    By the way nice artwork I like that photo for your member profile.

Quote Originally Posted by champ View Post
    Their is one company that has software that can export directly to word press: http://www.artisteer.com/?p=wordpress_themes I was hoping that one day xara web designer would have that ability.
    Champ, I think you misunderstand the difference between software such as artisteer and Xara.

Xara allows you to design whatever you wish and that is translated to HTML.

Artisteer has pre-built template designs (themes) that the user can customise the appearance of. A pre-built template can be built with the HTML set up for compatibility with a CMS, so that the CMS can "inject" content and generate a dynamic HTML page that is faithful to the original theme.

Xara builds custom, fixed HTML that is built around the design content. It is not generally suitable for dynamic content.

Xaras web generation would need a major, major overhaul to provide compatibility to CMS systems.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Champ, I think you misunderstand the difference between software such as artisteer and Xara.

Xara allows you to design whatever you wish and that is translated to HTML.

Artisteer has pre-built template designs (themes) that the user can customise the appearance of. A pre-built template can be built with the HTML set up for compatibility with a CMS, so that the CMS can "inject" content and generate a dynamic HTML page that is faithful to the original theme.

Xara builds custom, fixed HTML that is built around the design content. It is not generally suitable for dynamic content.

Xaras web generation would need a major, major overhaul to provide compatibility to CMS systems.
    Thanks for the clarification. I guess that just ruin my dreams maybe in the future it will be able to function as a CMS if xara built their own CMS software you could run on your personal server. I would buy it because I know they are all about efficiency and ease of use.

Quote Originally Posted by champ View Post
    Maybe in the future it will be able to function as a CMS if xara built their own CMS software you could run on your personal server. I would buy it because I know they are all about efficiency and ease of use.
    I should add that some people do attempt to use Xara with simple CMS systems by using placeholders - basically Xara reserves a space for your content and it's up to your custom HTML to fill it.

It does look attractive to have Xara implement a server-side solution to render dynamic content "on the fly", but this would involve that major change to page generation I mentioned and you also have to consider the commercial sense of investing in such a solution when only a small subset of Xaras users would buy it and it would probably be expensive and complex to set up.
    Last edited by pauland; 25 March 2011 at 02:35 PM.