Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Modifying tile effect wigits crashes WD7

Hi

Just started using WD7 and wanted to use the tile effect widgit. The image's/layout is the wrong size so I modified them and on both occasions it caused WD 7 to die either on saving or previewing.

Are we not allowed to modify the widget's size layout etc?

Default Re: Modifying tile effect wigits crashes WD7

The Eyecatcher widgets are currently fixed size. However altering the size or anything within the editing document should not cause the program to crash.

It would be good to know exactly what you are doing to cause the crash to occur. I presume you are drag dropping the Tile Effect Slideshow 1 widget into an existing document and then double clicking on it to edit the widget.

Once within the editing document, exactly what changes are you making to modify the widget size? Are you making these alterations on a particular page or all pages within the editing document?

If we can reproduce the crash then we can look at resolving it.

Many thanks

I'm currently trying hard not to make it crash and as I did so much to the widgit I'm keen not to try and replicate it as it took a long time.

But basically first time I added my own pictures by dragging and dropping
    Altered the page size to suit
    Unlocked the elements and moved them
    Replicated elements

Second time I just resized the page and went to save

From then on it's not crashed but to my dismay I find it is as you say not re sizable. This is a massive bummer!! I took the upgrade just for the transitions so I could improve my existing site.

Hi, the eye catcher widgets are not the same thing as the transition effects. i'm having difficulties reproducing a crash by following the steps you mention so we would be grateful if you can submit a support ticket if you do manage to reproduce it.

Thanks again

I really do not want it to crash again so I may not be in a hurry to put in a ticket.

Re widgets

You say the "eye catcher widgets are not the same thing as the transition effects" it makes it sound like you have some transition effect functions. Is this the case? If so any pointers to where they are?

3 transition types. Page, link and layer.

Page transitions can be applied From the page tab of web properties.
    Link transitions can be applied From the link tab of web properties, when linking to a URL, a page within the document or to an anchor.
    Layer transitions can be applied from layer properties (click on the properties button from the page & Layer gallery)

Thanks

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TimBox View Post
    I really do not want it to crash again so I may not be in a hurry to put in a ticket.
    Make a copy of the .web file and experiment with that.

So from that answer there are no transition functions like the eye catcher widgets.

Eg the picture tile effects

I will have to go back to my Java script stuff I use already.