Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 7

Hi. I'm new to WEB DESIGNER 7 PREMIUM. i'm stuck.
    Kindly go to: http://www.oasiscarrick.com/roughdraft/index.htm

.... and compare with all the other pages, i.e., http://www.oasiscarrick.com/roughdraft/staff.htm .... etc....

Question #1: What I want to do is: to make all these contact details to be REPEATABLE & EDITABLE TEXT on all pages (except for Booking, which is external software).

However, I notice that Web Designer has made that text into an image: 85.png
    How peculiar (to me) : - )
    What do I do now? I want to be able to quickly edit that contact detail information and have it be automatically updated on all pages where it repeats.
    Help, please. M. Ruth

Also #2: I would like to make the EMAIL link work... that is actually click to go directly to gmail.com .... is this possible?

Also #3: how do I add the FACEBOOK code on my homepage.... at the point where it points to blank white space....
    Last edited by MRuth; 25 June 2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: adding more detail

Your text is exported as image because you have added shadow effect to it. Only plain text can be exported as text.
    You can make e-mail link to work easily. Select the text of the link, open web properties dialog on the link page, enter your e-mail address in the Link to field, click Apply. That's it.
    John.

I was not aware that I added shadow effect. I just started typing text. so,
    can I make this image of text repeatable on other pages?

Main menu / Arrange / Repeat on all pages
    John.

I apologize as I am certain this has been discussed before. I am new to this group but not to web development. I am simply looking for web designer 7 to speed up some projects.

Could someone help me out with a "header issue". I would simply like to float some artwork (images) in front and back of existing images. I know the standard procedures (I think) but don't know if XWD 7 has additional artwork that was in their demo (You tube video) I can't seem to find it. I know this must be simpler than I am making it..

Thanks for any help. The software is very impressive for speeding up some work. I will have many more questions about integration for more advanced sites soon . Thanks to all.

mediatk