Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 7

Hi Steve,

Xara Web Designer 7 defaults to showing only the first page in the workspace. The Page and Layer Gallery should be on the right side of the WD7 window. The other pages can be selected from the Gallery. You can enable multipage view by right clickon on the work area and selecting from the popup menu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xwd7p-pages.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	80808  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks, I just figured that out and was going to post on why the other pages weren't showing up. It's a new feature in 7 that I didn't catch. Should read the instructions first but, hey, I'm a guy and we just don't do such things.

Thanks again for the help.

You are welcome. Glad to help.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Ah! Open up the page & layers gallery and you'll see your pages You can swap to the old view, but the new default way you don't scroll down to see the other pages

Rats!! Came straight here from the mail, didn't realise you'd posted Bill - the penny had dropped too
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I am a first-time forum poster, but I LOVE Xara products. I own a successful web design business and have been trying to use Xara Web Designer 6 to build clients' websites whenever possible. I still feel that other design software allows more SEO opportunities, but I'm excited that WD7 Premium has support for sitemaps. I was wondering if there will be any difficulty or issues with opening/editing websites that were built with WD6? I am fairly comfortable with version 6, but would love to upgrade to WD7Premium if possible. Would there be any benefit to just keeping both versions? Thanks!

Dear All, I would like to ask a very simple in Xara Web Designer 7. Is it possible to remove the shadow effect of the page?

When a New document is opened, it can be seen that it has shadow compare to the background. Could be that one somehow switched off?

Quote Originally Posted by patty5052 View Post
    I was wondering if there will be any difficulty or issues with opening/editing websites that were built with WD6? I am fairly comfortable with version 6, but would love to upgrade to WD7Premium if possible. Would there be any benefit to just keeping both versions?
    I believe that WD7P is 100% backwards compatible with WD6, but you can have both installed and do your own testing to be sure. Make copies of your WD6 .web files to work with in WD7P until you are satisfied. You can always uninstall the WD6 version later.

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    ...Xara Web Designer 7. Is it possible to remove the shadow effect of the page?
    File Menu / Page Options

Uncheck "Show page shadow"

Is that what you mean?

Yes thanks, simply just that :-)

Right-click on the first page and select "Multiple Page View" (second option from the top). This will give you the visibility to all pages like Version 6.

Or use the "Page and Layer Gallery" on the right border and you can navigate the pages and see them one at a time in the editing window.

Cheers, Pete