Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to import rotating GIf image to webpage

I have created a webpage using Xara Designer Pro 6 and am trying to import my rotating GIF image. (I have created this image using Xara 3D).
    When I import this image everything else on the page dissapears. How can I import this correctly?
    Last edited by smudger2468; 24 June 2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: left a bit out

Default Re: How to import rotating GIf image to webpage

You can drag and drop the file onto your webpage from the desktop or Windows Explorer. Make use that you are on the MouseOff layer.

You can also create a rectangle the size you want the animation to be, then in the Website Properties > Placeholder tabbed section, select Replace with Graphic File. Browse to your GIF file, select it, press Open then Apply.

Keep in mind, if you use the Placeholder method that your placeholder has to be in the same proportion as your GIF file. Otherwise the animation will distort accordingly.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 24 June 2011 at 08:22 PM.

pgd6 Re: How to import rotating GIf image to webpage

After importing the animation to a placeholder how does one optimise it to reduce its size as the optimise option does not work in this case? My image is 12megs.

You would have to create another, smaller animation -- Xara cannot optimise all frames in an imported animation.

Thanks. I managed to drag the image to the webpage and publish. Unfortunatley the image does not rotate. When I view the image on internet explorer it does rotate. Any idea why this is and how can I make it rotate.
    Thanks.

I "replaced with graphic file" and it now rotates.
    Thanks.

Glad you got it to work smudge

Jason - How are you planning to use your animation? Is it a logo? And how did you create it.

12 megs seems a bit excessive. Your visitors will be off to another site or dead from old age waiting for that puppy to load.

pgd6 Re: How to import rotating GIf image to webpage

I needed a way to reduce its size as I used a third party to make.