Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 7

Hi, I am right now struggling a bit with Navigation bar in Web Designer 7, according to the help there is a Menu Style button in the properties which found of course, but somehow those changes can not be seen on the buttons.

I have tried some totally different colors in text or background, but somehow the style is unchanged. Maybe if a navigation bar is imported from Design gallery, in that case brings some attributes which should be changed on different way?

For example if I drop color to the buttons then they are changed, but never through the mentioned Menu Style button.

Sorry I understand :-) Please ignore my question :-)

Simply I did not catch the terminology exactly, the button and the menu is different in the Navigation bar, with the Menu style button can be control those parts which appears at the mouse over of the button.

So briefly the Menu style controls the menus and not the buttons :-)

Hi ive just downloaded xara web designer 7 for a trial. Ive been told in order to download the templates I would need to actually buy the software!

I wish to create websites for potential customers
    Ive noticed that there are a few issues that Ive read about regarding this software so not sure if it is ideal for me to buy?
    Are the free templates ALWAYS free when there are update templates in place on WWW?

Hello...I had asked if the new V7 Premium was an upgrade to Pro6 and was told the Pro7 maybe released in June.
    The last email I received says...<There's a brand new version of Xara Web Designer and it's available right now. V7 has just been launched, it’s packed with new features and it’s now available in two versions – Xara Web Designer 7 and a pro version called Xara Web Designer 7 Premium. >
    This message says the Pro version is the 7 Premium. Can someone tell if this is the upgraded Pro6?
    Thanks

It isn't

Xara Web Designer 7 is an upgrade of Xara Web Designer 6. It also comes in a new flavour, Xara Web Designer 7 Premium [with some extra bits obviously]

Xara Designer Pro 7 will be - around June-ish - the upgrade to Xara Designer Pro 6.

They have made it very confusing imo.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thank you very much...and you are correct. Confusing? to say the least.
    Mike P

Ok, i own Xtreme Pro 5 and i wish to skip DP6, but want to use WD7 now. I can't find an upgrade path. I don't want to buy WD7 now fpr the full price an in June buy an Upgrade tp DP7 which will include the same features then.

What may be my way?

You'll have to ask Xara - http://support.xara.com/

But remember, although some functions are the same these are two different product lines. I don't think Adobe allows upgrade discount from Photoshop to Illustrator
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

It is so confusing that finally got me bought everything :-)

I had originally Web Designer 5-6. Perceived that the Web Designer 7 came out in around that price than those, but have not seen upgrade option. So I bought it :-) The premium version seemed too expensive.

Later I got the info that the Web Designer 7 Premium could be bought with upgrading the Web Designer 6. Basically this was my original target, so to reach bought it :-)

Now at least I am ready to upgrade from anywhere to anywhere :-) But anyway I do not bother, like this program very much, just as standard customer would deserve clearer information
    Last edited by csehz; 16 April 2011 at 05:09 AM.

I am having trouble with my navigation bar. I am using Web Designer 7 and I pulled over one of the navigation bars. I customized it and told it to repeat on all pages. Now the first, second and last tabs are the only ones working.... all the settings are the same... it is all set up through the nav bar dialog box.... getting very frustrated... i now have a website that my clients can only get to 3 tabs and the two sub tabs on the last page. Anyone with any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks