Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Xara Web Designer 7

We have just launched the all-new Xara Web Designer 7. This time there are two versions, Web Designer 7 Premium is the upgrade route from Web Designer 6, and we’ve also introduced a new entry level version called simply Web Designer 7 (somewhere between Webstyle 4 and Web Designer 7 Premium in features).

You can find out what’s new in 7 Premium right here: http://www.xara.com/products/webdesigner/whatsnew/ and Gary will also imminently have an intro on the Xara Xone. There’s a free trial of course, so give it a spin and see what you think. There’s an upgrade path from Webstyle 3 and 4, and Web Designer 5 and 6, with a special intro offer on upgrades from V6.

Yes, the new features will be in Xara Designer Pro 7 when it arrives later this year!

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 7

Awesome news, will probably wait for DP7 but I'm going to enjoy having a good look over what's new.

My Special Edition Review is here including a sample XaraPoint presentation http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook87/

Hi there,

Great new version.
    I have a question though : does this one solves the issue of "out of memory" that arises when more than a certain number of pages hold galleries.
    Will be really great to know how many gallery pages one can expect to build without a problem from the application not being able to handle the task.

(im right at the Xara shopping page, ready to click and finalize my upgrade )]

Thanks for the input.

Will any of the new features find their way to DP6 like the widgets and transitions for example? I own WD6 but use DP6 exclusively for web design.

HI Handover, you will find improvements in this area. There were files which would cause memory issues in version 6 which now export Seamlessly. However as always please ensure you optimise your images within your document by selecting Utilities followed by Optimise all JPEGs.

Many thanks

My guess based on Web Designer 6 and Designer 6 is yes. If you can wait. :-)

I was looking at my Workbooks from last year and it looks like Web Designer 6 was released in April and Designer in late June.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    My Special Edition Review is here including a sample XaraPoint presentation http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook87/
    Excellent overview Gary, as always... I'm sold.

Tom
    Last edited by camelot217; 24 March 2011 at 01:47 AM. Reason: typos

How to get the upgrade price? When I go to purchase and log in to my account Xara still want me to pay $99.00.

OK... found it. Did not scroll down enough to see the upgrade offers.

Tom