Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 7

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    There is a grace period for customers that have purchased Web Designer 6 within the last 6 weeks. Please contact the Xara sales team from either the support site or http://www.xara.com/uk/contact.
    I did, and I got my free upgrade

Xara has always been top shelf.

You Guys Rock !!!!!!!!!!!

Unhappy Re: Xara Web Designer 7

I'm having problems with the new WD7
    Got it installed ok but even with all the downloads and fixes I still have to start it as an administrator. I get it to work fine for awhile then it won't let me drag and drop images onto the pages I am working on. Yesterday had same problem and rebooting computer got everything working. Now today It was working fine and all of a sudden I tried to drag an image from windows explorer and it will not allow it. >>frustrated. Like the new features but frustrated with these bugs.

Yesterday had the same problem trying to drag images into slide show widgets. Rebooted and was able to get it to work.

I want to purchase the upgrade but unfortunately Xara doesn't accept PayPal... what a downer man!

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

HI Alstoy, dos the location from which you dropping the images affect the problem?

I seem to be having some problems as well.

Using the Design Gallery gave me a "Serious Problem with Application" error and it crashed my system.

I rebooted and WD7P seemed to work fine, but my "Control Bars" dialog box is messed up. The control bar names are blocked like they are a low resolution font blown up too large... can't really even make out the names.

Rebooting doesn't help this problem.

WD7P seems to have a problem with memory. When trying to add a 3D effect to text, the system goes into Non-Response mode several times while it's trying to "think" and sometimes the work area completely blanks.

What fixex were you talking about?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks... AM

Quote Originally Posted by alstoy View Post
    I'm having problems with the new WD7
    Got it installed ok but even with all the downloads and fixes I still have to start it as an administrator. I get it to work fine for awhile then it won't let me drag and drop images onto the pages I am working on. Yesterday had same problem and rebooting computer got everything working. Now today It was working fine and all of a sudden I tried to drag an image from windows explorer and it will not allow it. >>frustrated. Like the new features but frustrated with these bugs.

Yesterday had the same problem trying to drag images into slide show widgets. Rebooted and was able to get it to work.

Thanks Neo but I'm not about to pay $15 extra just to use PayPal whenever other companies have it set up as a standard payment method. I guess I'll just wait for DP7 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelpusher View Post
    Thanks Neo but I'm not about to pay $15 extra just to use PayPal whenever other companies have it set up as a standard payment method. I guess I'll just wait for DP7 instead.
    I just use my PayPal debit card when a place doesn't accept PayPal.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

No it didn't matter what folder it was from. After the 3rd time I closed the project and closed the program then reopened everything then it started working and has been working fine so far today... Fingers crossed that I don't jinx myself.
    So far I am enjoying the new features.

[Spam removed.]
    Last edited by covoxer; 26 March 2011 at 10:16 AM.