Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can this be done? Footer below webpage so it looks to appear on pasteboard background

Hi Guys,

Quick question, I have created a single page with a white background, and a faded pasteboard background. Is it possible to put some ''footer'' text below the main web page, so that it appears to be actually located on the pasteboard. Hope this makes sense.

Any help would be appreciated.

JLT

Default Re: Can this be done? Footer below webpage so it looks to appear on pasteboard backgr

I would fake it. Create a rectangle that mimics the pasteboard and put your text on that.

Or John Horn has a series of Tweaks, that allow you to put have someone overlap the edge of the page. http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...kset-for-XWD-6 Download the entire set (they are free) and read the read me file. There is also an HTML Help file that explains each of the tweaks, what they do, and how to use them.

Default Re: Can this be done? Footer below webpage so it looks to appear on pasteboard backgr

Hi gwpriester

Thanks for your quick reply, could you elaborate on ''fake, mimic pasteboard'' I dont understand how I would achieve that. I think the tweekset wont work in this situation as the page is half built already.

John

Hi JLT

1. create and position footer
    2. create an object on the page and set its transparency to 99.5%
    3. group with footer
    4. apply the name nopageclipping to the group

see attached (page object set to 90% so you can see it)
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is one way to fake it:
    Unlock the Page Background layer
    Select the Shadowgroup (page + shadow)
    Clone it.
    Make the original page background invisible
    Scale the clone upwards, add more objects below it etc.
    Like the attached multi-layer example.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	noback.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	80608  

Old proverb: There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over.

The Tweaks work when you export your site, so when you add them does not really matter. But attached is how I would fake the bottom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fake pasteboard.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	80609  

OK Now I can say this, Web Designer 7 Premium, released a few minutes ago, has a setting to let objects appear over the edge of the page http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...GNER-7-PREMIUM It works with text off the bottom of the page.

You need to create a rectangle that contains your text and have part of the rectangle touching the bottom part of the page. Then make the rectangle invisible and preview. I just tried it and it works!

Hi Guys,

Thank you for all your help, I have now been able to create what I needed, thanks so much. @gwpriester, Web Designer 7 looks great, I have only recently bought Designer Pro 6 so ill just have to wait for that update to come out (hopefully soon) .... ((