Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default export animation to crazytalk animator?

Hi, I wonder if someone can advise me of best way to import a Xara 3D animation with a transparent background (most important!) into Crazytalk Animator as a prop??? thanks in advance for any help. When I try to do this in various ways, it just does not seem to work.

Default Re: export animation to crazytalk animator?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

The only option with a transparent background is PNG with Transparent Background checked off on export. Or GIF with transparency but that is only 256 colors.

Gary, thanks for a timely response. Funny, though, when I import gif w/transparent background, it moves nicely into CTA, but the animation does not play (???). And the png...is that not only for still image?
    I suspect I must have a video editor that will mask such as your product or Reallusion's Pop Video Converter. I was hoping this capability was somehow "built in to" your Xara 3D. As you can imagine, Xara 3D has a lot (!) of potential together with CTA as well as the other Reallusion programs.

you are right about the video editor masking, exporting from xara3D as AVI, xara3D does not do this with transparency

yes the PNG is still only

you have the option with gif to export as a still or as an animation - if it does not play, check you exported the animation
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

handrawn, thanks for the confirmation. I guess my only remaining confusion is how to ascertain that I've exported the gif animation rather than the still. Obviously I don't quite fathom the difference. I've just been "exporting animation as gif"...
    thanks for any help you can offer.