Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Changing Pasteboard Color

Can anyone please tell me why I cannot seem to change the color of the pasteboard Photo & Graphic Designer 6? (I want to change the color of the area surrounding my web page.) It seems to work flawlessly in Web Designer 6 by holding Ctrl while dragging the color, but in PGD6, the same process only changes the page background, even though I have not selected the page. The pasteboard/surrounding color refused to change.

Right clicking on the pasteboard does no good because the background options are not functional.

Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Changing Pasteboard Color

I just tried it and got the same results, Joe. It looks like changing the background color/texture is not an option in XPGD6.

Geeez....as a newbie, I am finding this blurry overlap between XPGD6 and WD6 more and more frustrating! And now I see they are offering Designer Pro 6 on a special for less than I paid for both just a couple of weeks ago. I understand how companies try to issue these overlapping products to gain more sales, but it is really getting in my way and doesn't seem very oriented to customer satisfaction and ease of use. I'm kind of running out of patience and trying to resist walking away from the programs, period.

I have to agree with you Joe. Companies try to create a variety of products to fit certain price points and market segmentation. And while this may make some sense frmo a marketing point of view, it often leads to a lot of confusion and frustration. Which translates into customer dissatisfaction.

Photo & Graphic Designer 6 has the same web stuff as XWD5, not XWD6
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64