Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New Skin!

Default Re: New Skin!

oohh k....think it's time to go away from this post now...seems like some people cannot take criticism
    "Rage"
    John S.
    ------------
    js-designz.net
    IP

John. I know what you mean.

But...

Is this thread about people's views or opinions of the new look or views of the new logo?!

For me, it's certainly not do with any criticism of the logo.

It's whether it fits this forum?

People designed their logos and submitted their entries.
    From what I can gather, the Moderators and/or Admin then chose the logo.

Now, the members are giving their views.
    I have also given mine as well as others.

Whenever there's a change, there's always a reluctance.

BUT, change is not always for the best. In my opinion of course.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    I cannot believe the apparent venom being sprayed in the direction of this particular, very insignificant, issue
    Derek, that's a long post for somebody who thinks this is so so insignificant.

There's a forum down under for those people who can't tell the differece between venom and criticism. I will continue to say things how I see them. I didn't insult anybody or anything. I said I think it's a kindergarten logo. I don't think it matches at all the identity or aspirations of this forum. Neither does it reflect the enormous depth and breadth of talent and experience exhibited on here. If you disagree with me, then you're free to do so. For what it's worth, I think the three logos I submitted were crap as well. What was I thinking...?
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

I'll try to keep all my posts significantly shorter in future, though taking the quote out of context and making it look as though I was throwing stuff out the pram regarding the logo comments, when all I was reacting too was the forum skin comments is a little unfair.
    The majority of my comments were regarding the completely predictable reaction to the fact that the forum woke up one colour and then changed to something else, i.e. the apparently voted for design.
    Much like when a poll regarding the appearance of Xara Designer 6 came out in favour of the slate grey skin and then it was released with a slate grey skin. That post release, prolonged moan about it being slate grey seemed to dominate the forum for weeks, I just didn't want to see people carping on about this issue as Summer draws to an end in five or six months time.
    I've tried to keep this as short as possible but leaving out every other word just didn't seem to make any sense, sorry.
    Derek
    Last edited by masque; 19 March 2011 at 06:17 PM.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gracehjs View Post
    The way tou guys are acting it seems very appropiate
    Yep! Throwing toys out of the pram springs to mind!

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    I don't think it matches at all the identity or aspirations of this forum.
    Aspirations of the forum? And the previous one did? Or the one before that?

At the end of the day, it's a logo. It may not be to everyone's tastes, but don't inflate it to lofty ideals or 'aspirations' when it is still a logo. And in a week or two's time, no one will discuss it and people will continue to use the forum. Because in fact, a logo really makes no difference in that regard - it's the people within it.

Although seeing people be quite derogatory about someone's work isn't the best I've seen of TalkGraphics.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

Can't you all play nicely? Even the ones that think they are teachers?
    IP

Interesting comments, EVERYONE!

I don't come here because of the logo, so it is really not a big deal one way or the other.

That being said, IF a forum logo is representative of the people/discussions therein, then we should gravitate to more discussions on Obstetrics/Gynecological issues, since the new "skin" does, in fact, look like the Ob/Gyn department for some large hospital/clinic.

The logo doesn't really affect whether I want to come here or not, but I must say that I (personally) don't find it reflective of the people here, nor the level of discussions one finds here. (the discussions are often involved and of a mostly technical nature, yet the logo has been "kindergarten'd" (dummied down) or in other words, we're progressive, yet the logo is remedial)

I do appreciate that the logo/look isn't SO important, but apparently important enough that several commented about its failings...

Peace

James
    IP

I never started this thread to question the look of the logo so please don't! It's the colours used in the actual skin. Like a lot of people are saying we'll get used to it but it just seems un-artistic and in your face.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

I'm no fan of the skin, but I'm not sure how it can be described as un-artistic.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    I never started this thread to question the look of the logo so please don't! It's the colours used in the actual skin. Like a lot of people are saying we'll get used to it but it just seems un-artistic and in your face.
    Democracy in action! But you don't have to get used to it though, you can select a different one in the bottom right hand corner. It's why I left the choice there.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP