Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Corel Painter 11 missing stroke fix (for real)?

Hi All,

Has anyone found a real fix for the missing strokes bug yet? Someone from one of the other Painter Forums directed me to download and install the Painter 11 Service Pack 1, which I did, but the problem is still there when you’re using the brush re-sizing keyboard shortcuts (the “[“ and “]” keys). After you resize your brush using the shortcut keys there is a 5 stroke (or so) delay before the brush actually lays down a stroke. Does anyone else notice this problem? This missing strokes bug makes version 11 unusable for me so I'm still working in version 10.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike
    IP

Default Re: Corel Painter 11 missing stroke fix (for real)?

Hi kidsbookmaker,

There's a slim chance this won't be your answer, but it's well worth a try:

Read the following message on the PainterWorld list at Yahoo Groups and follow all of the directions exactly (they worked for me):

Painter 11 Update

I've been using Painter 11 since it was released and never had most of the problems others have experienced.

Good luck!

Jinny
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Thanks for the prompt reply Jinny. I'll try that when I get a second and let you know what happens... currently, I'm buried in work... as a professional digital illustrator I can honestly say that working in Corel Painter has been, for the most part, an absolute joy these last 10 years. I hope that it continues.
    IP

Hi Jinny,

I installed and ran Painter 11, the hot fix, and the service pack the way that you suggested in the Painterworld forum. Unfortunately, while the issue has improved from before, it is still there. It happens when you are laying down strokes very quickly while re-sizing your brush (using the shortcut keys) at the same time. The first stroke is always missed/delayed. When you're used to experiencing no brush stroke delay in Painter 10 (no matter how fast you change brush size) any delay is disappointing to say the least.

Hopefully someone at Corel is still looking into this problem.

Thanks for your help.

Mike
    IP