Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi, could anyone help me create an effect like the one on this wallpaper -www.stridingstudio.com/art/ominousspirit.jpg I would really appreciate it, i tried using the X-Ray tutorial someone posted a little while ago but it dind't quite look like what i wanted.
    IP

Hi, could anyone help me create an effect like the one on this wallpaper -www.stridingstudio.com/art/ominousspirit.jpg I would really appreciate it, i tried using the X-Ray tutorial someone posted a little while ago but it dind't quite look like what i wanted.
    IP

it may be use a lot of method,maybe motion blur filter,screen layer mode,etc.many layer comply to
    IP

That may have been the X-ray tut that I helped with. Hehe.

I'm looking at that wallpaper, and it may not be that easy to "reproduce" that effect. If the creator used source photos for example, then they may have just needed to play around with some blur filtering and layer blending. If they did it all from scratch, we're talking about several hours of dissecting it (for me anyways), and then even more hours of explaining how to go about doing it.

Perhaps if you were a bit more specific. What is it about that image that you want to reproduce?

Cheers

Spectre

http://www3.sympatico.ca/the_spectre

IP

Well i really just wanted to create the scratch lines. I'm not sure what i would have to do to make them, im guessing its some cusom brush.
    IP

Ok... I was fiddling a bit so this may give you a start.

Refer to the diagram.

Layer 1 is just a hidden layer I always start off with as a habit. It's hidden and has nothing to do with anything.

Layer 2: Fill with white and Filter>>Noise>>Add Noise (default settings). Then Filter>>Noise>>Dust and Scratches (Radius 11, Threshold 0). Then Filter>>Blur>>Motion Blur (90 degrees, 15 pixels). Copy this layer and adjust each copy's blending mode to Colour Dodge.

Layer 3: Fill with White. Use the Magic Wand with a Tolerance of 25 to select the black portion of Layer 2 (not it's copies). With the selection you just made still loaded, hit Del. This will knockout the selected area, and let the layers below show through. Now (keeping the selection loaded still) do a Filter>>Noise>>Add Noise (default settings) and a Filter>>Blur>>Motion Blur (0 degrees, 15 pixels). Make copies of Layer 3 as shown and set the blending modes to "Colour Dodge" as we did with Layer 2's copies.

This should give you a start. If you want to get single, fine scratches as with that image you made reference to, Flatten the Image, Invert the colours, and do a Filter>>Distort>>Twirl and a Filter>>Distort>>Ripple on it. Then make a selection to use for your scratch. HOWEVER, you'd be best to use a large document for this to avoid the scratches looking aliased or pixelated like mine is in figure 2 (I used a 400 x 400 for the example. You may want to use twice that, depending on how big you need your scratches).

Spectre

http://www3.sympatico.ca/the_spectre

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scratchy1.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	19188  
    IP

IP