Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Website export - pretty urls

I see your point, but there's lots of room for error in a single xar file as well if you don't plan ahead. Ask anybody who's worked on a large multipage single xar file website. I have as it happens deconstructed a single xar file website for that very reason and now use the method I outlined above. Yes, it would be nice if XWD or XDP6 did the work for me and I'm sure in a later version we'll be able to link folders for that very purpose, but for the time being I'm pretty happy doing it my way.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I don't think regular html editors will export files like that, unless you are working on one page at a time. I still think mod_rewrite may be the solution.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

Regular html editors usually give you full control over how you save your files and folders, the method that I'm describing I do all the time using html editors and no need for mod_rewrite or redirects. But it's not so much the software you use, it's just how the files and folders are arranged when saved/exported/uploaded. I would just like to be able to export the same way from Xara using a single multipage xar file. Basically something ultra simple like changing the pages file name in Xara from contact.htm to contact/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    Basically something ultra simple like changing the pages file name in Xara from contact.htm to contact/index.htm
    I agree this would be a nice addition.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Regular html editors will allow you to create a project and add files. However, Xara doesn't produce an html editor.

You could probably do what you wanted by creating individual xar files for each page, each having index.html as the file and then put it in it's own directory.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

Whether it's a html editor or not is really irrelevant. A wysiwyg web design program doesn't have to be constrained to export files in just one certain way. beretgascon metioned the individual xar file method a few posts back but that method means you have to sacrifice some of the cool features that make creating websites in Xara such a joy to begin with.