Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Still having photo object problem

I continue to get inconsistent behavior with the process of dragging a photo object onto a page, resizing, then replacing with a picture via Windows Explorer. I am doing a series of pages with listings of graves and photos of gravestones from a small cemetery. Here's a screenshot illustrating the problem:

http://i.imgur.com/dPyjx.jpg

The top image is a shot of a gravestone (set for popup) added to the page first.

The second image is the photo object, resized and set for a photo popup at 600 px wide. Next, I CTRL+click to select the object and then drag a new gravestone picture from Windows Explorer onto the object. I am then presented with a dialog to select one of three options. I select Replace, and WD replaced the image in the photo object above, not the one I have selected.

On another page that I've worked on, when I drag from Windows Explorer I have gotten a dialog with FOUR options. I think that's what I should be getting at all times when I use CTRL+click. But it's not happening that way on a consistent basis.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Bob

(Sorry, I'm unable to find an Imgur setting that will show the image embedded in the message on this board. But the link works.)
    Last edited by OldRadioGuy; 13 March 2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: image not embedding properly

Xara Designer Pro X10; PaintShop Pro X7; Perfect Photo Suite 8; DxO Optics Pro 9.5; Olympus OM-5 E-M5; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7770.

Default Re: Still having photo object problem

Make all your bitmap thumbnails flat filled objects first. Then as you drag and drop you are not replacing anything.