Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Chance to learn something for free..

At the moment there is a free offer of ten days access to creative edge - an online library of video and books - which covers a lot of generic subjects, such as photography and SEO besides product-related titles. We often get bound up in the mechanics of the software that we use, but forget the bigger picture.

Since it doesn't require any commitment or credit card details for the free ten days, this could be your chance to learn something for free. Just thought I'd give it a heads-up.

http://promotions.creativeedge.com/openhouse/

Edit: I should also mention creativeLive again, where video courses are broadcast live for free, if you can fit viewings to your schedule.

http://www.creativelive.com/courses

Paul
    Last edited by pauland; 13 March 2011 at 10:31 AM.

Default Re: Chance to learn something for free..

Be sure to read the fine print.

What does this trial include?
    You will be able to preview all of the content and tools Creative Edge has to offer for the next 10 days.
    How does this special offer work?
    Simply complete and submit the form. With your account, you will be able read samples from all of the reference books and watch sample videos from all of the training videos within our collection .
    If you become a paid Creative Edge subscriber, you will retain the same personalization features and gain full, unlimited online access to all the videos and books in the collection.
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 13 March 2011 at 06:15 PM.

Good spot Mike.

I did try out the trial but haven't really had much time to try it. The range of subjects is impressive, so it could give someone a quickstart for a pretty low cost.

One of the good things about stuff like this is that it can be a way to get a differrent perspective that you just won't get on a forum. Lynda.com does similar stuff too and I think we all need some inspiration sometimes.

ted.com can also be pretty inspiring.

Anyway, well spotted Mike, but it's certainly worth investigating.

The range of subjects is impressive, so it could give someone a quickstart for a pretty low cost.
    Indeed, some very nice books and video's.