Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Ok, I worked on this for the last couple hours. I learned how to mask a part of the head and then when I increse the poly count it only (apparently) increses a certain area (i masked out the mouth and nose area for finer tuning). Even so I'm having some problem making detail around the mouth and nose ... there seems to be polygon structure which won't budge. Anyway, I'll figure it out eventually. I left the eyes out for now ... I'll get to it later [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

Ok, I worked on this for the last couple hours. I learned how to mask a part of the head and then when I increse the poly count it only (apparently) increses a certain area (i masked out the mouth and nose area for finer tuning). Even so I'm having some problem making detail around the mouth and nose ... there seems to be polygon structure which won't budge. Anyway, I'll figure it out eventually. I left the eyes out for now ... I'll get to it later [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

This has real possibilities!

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Thats much better David [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The tricky areas you mention are the ones that get evryone [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

Really a big change!!! I don't know why, but I keep thinking of like a "Hansel and Gretal" type of story with the first image just needing a witch hat and this one being a sort of Gretal---storybook characters. Good job!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Then you'd need to create the enchanted forest and witch's cottage---was it made of gingerbread??? I'm not sure...might be an interesting thing to do...
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Nice sculpting, David.

If you think that program is pretty cool, you should check out Zbrush

Their demo does NOT time-out in 24 hours' worth of use, just has a few limitations, like lack of import and resolution adjustment, to entice you to buy the program. IMHO, it does what Amorphium Pro does, and a heck of a lot more, with a WAY-better interface. Take a look at their gallery section. Some of the stuff there is mind-blowing.

Danny Huff
    http://www.asherrocks.com
    (I'm the guy who USED to have a lot of excess hair)

Thanks all

Yeah Maya, maybe I'll continue the first one along a path towards witchiness ( in the misguided stereotypical story book sense not in the pagan sense)

Yeah Danny I have tried ZBrush several times. To be honest I never did figure it out [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ... I will of course try it again no doubt and perhaps next time will devote more time trying to really get into it (can get new demo codes from pixelogic .. kindof a different way to do things but pretty nice to allow more usages).. But each program has it's good points ... of course Z-Brush is $292 US which works out to $455 Canadian so there's one huge reason to go for Amorphium Pro at $119 US ($185 CND). But Z-brush images do indeed look amazing :>

Note * here's an interesting paragraph on the word witch ...

"Witch comes from the Anglo-Saxon wicce (meaning witch), which in turn derives from an Indo- European root word meaning to bend or change or do magic/religion (making it related to wicker, wiggle, and even vicar). It is possibly also related to the Old Norse vitki (meaning wizard), derived from root words meaning wise one or seer. Warlock (rarely used, for male Witches) is from the Old Norse varlokkur, spirit song (not Roath-breaker). Related words are Pagan, meaning a country dweller, and Heathen, a dweller on the heath, both of which peoples were the European equivalent of the Native Americans and other indigenous, nature-worshipping people."

Well, I ordered Amorphium Pro!!! Now I just have to wait for it---yes, the price is just hard to beat and it will be a fun tool to use...I also decided to go with the pkg that has the handbook and cd...I've used the Lynda.com manuals before and love them---clicks with how I like to learn. It will be fun to model things to use in other projects!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Yes, the term "witch" has it's roots in many countries---was meant to mean wise one and healer---which was rather "magical" to others. Things certainly got changed around through fears and superstitions.

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Yeah I bought the download version but it took a couple days to get the email with the link and code ... I'll burn that onto a cd. I bought the download version as I can't trust having software mailed from the US again ( mainly boxed software). Years ago I bought Cinema 4d Go which is a limited version of their 3d app ($199 US) and it arrived at my door and I had to pay an extra fee of $80 Canadian (brokerage and GST) which was kindof a downer as I had no money at hand when the courier arrived. He had to redeliver it the next day which was very maddening when you've waited 2 weeks for something ... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I felt like throwing a tantrum like some 5 year old who's had his candy taken away [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Anyway , I found this yahoo club of amorphium users (geesh sounds like some sortof banned substance put that way [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ) ... if you decide to join, the place would no doubt be energized a great deal [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amorphium-users/

Yeah just reading a bit about present day witches beliefs and I'm amazed at how many things are similar to some thoughts of my own (general concepts ...not details)

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] it does sound like some banned substance user group!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I don't know if I'd energize the place [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I can stir things up though [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] !!! All in good fun, of course....hahaha.
    I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with all those extra charges---yikes! Well, when I get the other info with the pkg, and if you come upon any questions just fire away and I'll see if the answer is within these materials. I know some people hate manuals, I like them though, usually I can solve any problem with them at hand.

With "Wicca" there are so many different interpretations of it---there are extreme forms of anything of course, which is just way off the original intent---but I feel about it as the American Indians do about the world around us, caring for the environment, people, nature and it's a deep conviction, or spiritual feel some would describe it as, that I feel is right just for myself, but I also feel it goes with what many feel about things who belong to different beliefs/religions...I don't belong to any particular religion, I follow what I feel is right for my life...I'm a "country dweller", I appreciate nature, try to help heal animals and people when asked...in those regards, that fits with "Pagan", and some will think "Witch"... I have always found myself in situations where I was caring for and trying to heal animals and help people. I think I would have pursued a career in medicine if I'd been able to remain rooted in an area long enough. I'm always seeking knowledge in all things [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ...these were interpreted as dangerous traits long ago...If you could help animals and people get well it often turned to fear and suspicion in others who did not understand your knowledge or how you came by it, they just thought it was magic and dangerous...appearing to "bend" or change things in nature, when really it was more like bending your own perceptions of it to creatively find help and solutions to problems. (This just brought to mind that scene in "The Matrix" where the boy says basically that "it's not the spoon that bends,... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .)
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain