Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: WD crashes

WD6 WD crashes

While working on a website design in Xara Web Designer 6.01, I have experienced application "crashes" when I scroll among the various pages. The Windows 7 "busy" icon appears and I never get control of WD again.

Opening the Windows Task Manager, I find the application is "running," not the usual "not responding" status report one gets in in these situations. However, I am forced to close Web Designer with the task manager, and start WD again.

Very frustrating!

Xara Designer Pro X10; PaintShop Pro X7; Perfect Photo Suite 8; DxO Optics Pro 9.5; Olympus OM-5 E-M5; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7770.

Default Re: WD crashes

But, when you restart is everything OK?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    But, when you restart is everything OK?
    Yes, but I can operate for a while and will again experience a "crash" when I scroll. I have not been able to identify any other variable associated with this problem.

Bob

Xara Designer Pro X10; PaintShop Pro X7; Perfect Photo Suite 8; DxO Optics Pro 9.5; Olympus OM-5 E-M5; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7770.

Could it be the "auto-save" feature built into WD6? About every 5 minutes, my copy "saves" the program and, while doing so, nothing can be done. If you have a large site this saving can take a while. Another interesting thing is that it seems to take a noticeably longer time to save the same web site in WD6 than it does in XX5. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Quote Originally Posted by jeb View Post
    Could it be the "auto-save" feature built into WD6?
    I wish it were that simple. No, I see the "auto-save" working, and it closes out each time without causing a hang-up.

I have reported this problem to Xara Support, so we'll see what they say.

Thanks.

Bob