Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Web site problem

Well, it sounds like your organization could need some work on the logisitics if it is impossible to get her to send you the original Xara files - even the old ones ?

Huh - afraid I don't know what you are doing, Paul. The web site is built using Xara - if one does not bring the pages into the Xara built web site, how does one "link" the pages to upload?

Take care - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Quote Originally Posted by jeb View Post
    Huh - afraid I don't know what you are doing, Paul. The web site is built using Xara - if one does not bring the pages into the Xara built web site, how does one "link" the pages to upload?

Take care - jb
    Instead of having all the seperate pages for upload , why not just have the website include a link to the PDF of the paper?

You just then need to have a web version (lower resolution option in Xara PDF export) of the PDF saved to the website content directory and then the website contains a single link to it in the website. You don't have to import anything into the Xara website document.

Paul

Paul, you have lost me - I have not a clue as to how to do what you are talking about.

You have a web site which you upload what you want on that site. You can then link to other web sites but how would one link to a file on my computer when my computer is not connected to the internet all the time? - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Jeb...when you upload the website the pdf file is uploaded too

Quote Originally Posted by Clevo View Post
    Jeb...when you upload the website the pdf file is uploaded too
    Absolutely right. All your links are to files that are uploaded to your web server. That's why I said you had to copy the PDF into the directory that the Xara software transfers to your website.